The Detroit Walk to FAME, honors notable Detroiters of distinction each year with an average of twenty stars.
Nominations for the Detroit Walk to FAME are accepted by the Motown Walk to Fame Organization and the Detroit Entertainment Advisory Commission. Together, they consider the nominations at their annual meeting.
Click here to download the Detroit Walk to FAME mobile app* to complete your Nomination Application.
The criteria for receiving an honor/star consist of the following:
- Professional achievement
- Longevity of five years or more
- Contributions to the community
- The guarantee that the celebrity will attend the dedication ceremony if selected.
When nominating an individual or group, the sponsor must submit:
- A photo
- The nominee’s qualifications
- A list of achievements and contributions to the community and civic-oriented participation
- A letter of agreement from the nominee or his/her management must be included with the application.
The Walk to FAME categories include:
- Arts & Entertainment
- Business & Entrepreneurs
- Community Builders
- Architecture & Culture